Kallang MRT

Amazing Kallang MRT beside the Kallang River

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Incredible experiences






The end of the corridor similar to the Sims Drive one room HDB rental flat -demolished

                                                                                   

              This image quite similar to the demolished smallest one room rental HDB in Mattar Road

 
I used to slept in this type of one room HDB flat at the corridor until I was 27 years old, every night about 11.30 pm took a piece of cardboard and a pillow to the end, if raining moved further inside, 4 am woke up to help my mom run the food stall.



                                                                   Merpati Road

My mother brought me to a discussion meeting when I was a few years old in the 1960s at Merparti Road. After that, because my mother was very busy with her business as a street seller and because she didn’t understand much about the practice, we had lost contact with the law. Our family went through very difficult times — my father died of illness in his forties, when I was very young.

All 10 of us lived in the smallest one-room rental flat: my mother, younger brother and sisters, two older sisters and three nieces and a nephew. The room was always hot, till the wee hours, with the heat generated because my mother used to steam the food for her business. We were not harmonious and my mother and sisters were suffering from serious karmic illnesses. We lived in poverty.


The Yong Wah Radio and Electric Service store used to be a makeshift store run by the mother and her elder son, I used to repair our kerosene stove and tricycle there at Geylang at the earlier days

We were on social welfare when our dad died, many times we have only dark sauces and white rice for our meals. And picking cans for a living.  With such serious problems our family was not harmonious, I constantly scolded by my eldest sister and my mom. I was asthmatic during my younger days which causes my parent sufferings and sleepless nights to take care of me.

My mom used to chain up me to prevent me  to playing in the Pelton Canal beside our house, she worried I will be washed away, if it rains heavily, when the canal swelled rapidly and the current were swift
                                                                      Pelton Canal

I learned to repair my own bicycle by observing the old bicycle repairman at Circuit Road when I was a few years old, who operated a bicycle stall at the sidewalk pavement.

Like this makeshift sidewalk repair stall:(here)

My mom used to carry two tins containers on her shoulders with a bamboo pole, up the HDB ten storey, until her legs gave way, before we pushcart the foods to Circuit Road pavement to hawk, sometimes she got to one hand hanged on my shoulder, to walk up the staircases if the lifts broke down. Quite similar to the lady in the picture

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/

Below is the photo which quite similar to this  push cart, that when I was a few years old, early morning pushed it from Mattar Road to Circuit Road Block 67 to hawk the food, which I woke up at 4 am, before I went to my primary school at Circuit Road, in the 1960s.






                                                               Sims Drive Food Market


                  Circuit Road Block 67 pavement where I pushed the cart of foods there every morning at 4 am, before I went to my classes in the 60s and early 70s






The type of  pushcart, similar in size but it was wooden made,
which I put the foods inside and above it, and covered it with a piece of plastic




The type of tricycle which I loaded the food on it every morning, covered it with a piece of plastic and put my bicycle on it, my mom sitting behind it

                   Mattar Road, most of the flats, there already demolished to make way for the MRT

Every night I got to wait until 11 plus pm for my neighbors to sleep, then I could brought the cardboard  out to the end of the corridor to sleep, for 20 over years, and everyday 364 day I got to wake up at 4 am to cycle my mom in the tricycle and the food from my house at Mattar Road to our stall at Sims Drive and later cycled to my school at Upper Aljunied Technical School, many times I was too tired and fell asleep during classes. If I slept in the small one room rental flat and squeezed together like sardines, I might got the sickness like my mom and sisters.

                             Recent What's App from Eric  seen me sleeping in the street.

Those years of waking up early in the morning cycling the tricycle, help me to break some free style soccer and cycling feats records. Until I started practicing, things begin to improve in 2 years time I am able to buy a 3 room flat to enshrine the gohonzon.

My record breaking freestyle football juggling story: https://henryleongblog.blogspot.com/2020/12/world-record-free-style-soccer-juggling.


During my childhood days, playing chinese chess, was one of my favourite pastimes

My mom illnesses was very serious she got to use her hand to hang on to my shoulder on Monday, Wednesday & Friday to consult the doctor at the General Hospital, she got operations all over her bodies and her blood was dark in colour due to the massive amount of drugs she consumed. I kept reading books from morning until night to find  solutions to my family problems but  at no avail.

During my younger days, I kept playing soccer to escape from my family problems. Fortunately in 1986, I met Eric which he brought me to his leader Richard  to practice the Buddhism. Interview by Mothership https://mothership.sg/2021/05/potential-world-record-feat-mystery/

In Singapore our activities campaigns were home visitations, glory group and shakubuku, National Day Parade, numerous cultural shows etc. I gave lots of reading materials to members to encourage them to strengthen their faith. I kept reading testimonials, various articles and chanting millions and millions of daimoku  and I kept trying to put everything I learnt into practice. 

I wrote down my wishes in a piece of paper with the plastic sign holders and put it in front of the altar to chant. Trying my best to  put everything I learnt into practice, to transform my family situations.
              Our classmates regularly play football and basketball at Macpherson Community Club

Took 3 buses from my home in Sims Drive to my army camp at Sembawang Air Base in 1981 for my National Service as a clerk


Started borrowed books and reading at Macpherson Community Club mobile library when I was  10 years old, which it came every Wednesday

Things began to improve: my mother used to give me $4 per day for helping her to run the stall. she mystically increased it to $13 a day automatically, previously she could not even want to increase my allowance by even a dollar. This incident always reminded whenever I faced obstacles

Before that she refused to let me buy a house, because she want to wait until my brother graduate later, mystically I made some offerings I came back from kaikan, she agreed to let me to buy a house a 3 room flat at Sims Drive which end my sleeping on the street at 27 years old.

At the National Library in my younger days kept reading to find solutions to transform my family situations

Even during my GCE O Level exam, after studying until 1 am in the wee hours of the morning. I need to wake up early in the morning at 4 am to cycle the foods to the Sims Drive market.Fortunately my classmate Jason Quek helped me to cycle the food to the Sims Drive market.

I went to take the exam which was 5 hours, 2 and the half hours each  subject, which I felt giddy at that time.

After a hiatus of one year I decided to retake those subjects that I didn't took or dropped. I can't possibly remember the whole book, I found a method to forecast the questions that came out. I passed all the subjects. From the experiences of my classmates, who retook the O Level as a private candidates, it is difficult to remember the whole book


                                                      Upper Aljunied Technical School

As my faith strengthened, I prayed for better opportunities. One person asked me to join Singapore Press Holdings, which sponsored my National Trade Certificate II course. I begin to pray for a bigger place to enshrine the Gohonzon. After two years of practice, I was able to buy a three room flat. This had previously seemed almost impossible.

The first company that I worked after my Secondary School days  in 1977, the amazing the Yong Goh Electrical Engineering Pte Ltd is still around. Presently the name was changed to Yongold Elect Engrg.

At Singapore Press Holdings, I was selected from among my classmates to set the printing rollers — this job wich needed very precise skills. I was also selected  to maintain, repair the machines for the last six months of my Nitec 2 course. 

All these years I had been chanting one hour per day. In my younger days, bicycles and football had been my constant companions, and morning till night I was outside of the house most of the time.

From my experiences and learning from the old bicycle street repairman. Using the right chemicals to remove the rust was crucial.

Receiving a round of applause from my classmates, going up to receive my presently called the Nitec 2 certificate at SPH, Genting Lane
As an award winning Printer of the Year, Suggestions Award and Token of Appreciation, featured in Singapore Press Holdings newsletter. I has lost the small newsletter clippings



Awarded around $3K of free foods by Toyota, every morning a Senior Claim Advisor brought and cooked foods for me free of charge at Leng Kee Road, in appreciations for my contributions in improving the company performances, Toyota staff from around the world came to study, why the company done so well

The skills which I learned during my younger days in repairing my bike, help me in my work later. Some of the skills that helped me solve the machinery problems even amazed myself. I was given the Best Suggestion Award and a token of appreciation and was featured in the company newsletter. I was also given the Printer of the Year Award. The company profits had multiplied five-fold during the time I worked there. Which I had consistently chanted one hour of daimoku per day.


In my younger days I used to read from morning until night, went to the National Library to read often.
I left the company and started my own business. It was doing well until 1997 when I lost most of my money in investments and in getting married to a foreign wife. My wife now is a Singapore Citizen. 
                                                                        At UOB Plaza

My wife lent me money, her sister striked lottery lent me money to repay the bank, which I later paid her back and some friends helped me out with the finance. I then turned around and make a lump sum in 1998 and brought a house and furnished it and got married. During this difficult period, I went to Geylang Kaikan and chanted up to seven hours of daimoku per day for months.

I went to work  at Toyota in the night, monitor the market in the morning. I transferred my years of practical knowledges of maintaining and overcoming machinery problems to the mechanic. While I worked there, the company profits grew a few times. In fact one of the Toyota  Senior  Claim Advisor was asked by the management brought and cooked breakfast for me, free of charge most of the every morning for a few year to reward me. 

Outside the  former Upper Aljunied Technical School

Prior to my practice, I was featured in the newspaper due to my bike skills and football ball juggling skills. One year after starting to practice, a TV broadcasting station also showed me doing some of these stunts. I was able to juggle a football three thousand 400 times with all parts of my body (except my hands) for more than one hour and 20 minutes non-stop, in different patterns, without letting the football drop. https://henryleongblog.blogspot.com/2020/12/world-record-free-style-soccer-juggling.html#.YI9wX2QzY1I

Due to years of riding a heavily loaded tricycle, developed my stamina, endurance and skills. I am able to do amazing skills with my legs. The same year a master printer came to my stall to ask me to work in Singapore Press Holdings at Genting Lane

In our school days, our classmates usually went to the Macpherson Community Club at night for a game of soccer or basketball, after the Club closed, we adjourned to the hawker centre beside it for dialogues

I was amazed by my feats which I started to  practice that year 1986, Eric  and hundreds of students of Woodsvilles Secondary School saw it. And Recently Eric  agreed he had seen the whole process of me juggling the football freestyle, one hour and 20 minutes, with Francis  his wife and son, at our recent meetup at Circuit Road hawker and centre.  https://henryleongblog.blogspot.com/2020/12/world-record-free-style-soccer-juggling.html#.YI9wX2QzY1I

Through consistent practice overcoming  many challenges in my life, to have a harmonious  and happy family and all my siblings are able to own their own properties. Most of them are practicing presently. My wife and her family members are also practicing too, and we have two cute sons, which makes me overjoyed. I have had the good fortune to holidays in many countries, which  fulfilled my childhood dream to travel.
https://henryleong.files.wordpress.com

My both sons and wife are active in the organisation, my elder son  in 3 years, was in his school Principal Honour List and was best in science in secondary 2, my younger son excel in his maths, both received numerous scholarships.

My elder son got amazing result in his O Level and was on scholarship, which exceed my expectation. Both conducts were rated very good or excellent by their respective teachers.

After chanting a member I met in my work place introduced me to investment in 1990. Another important benefit from gohonzon

My mother and my three sisters had greatly reduced their karmic illnesses and my brother, 2 sisters and sister in law are active in the organization. My 3 sisters conditions stabilized



Through struggling to fulfill our missions, we are able to live a life of happiness and complete fulfillment.

My favorite Gosho was “Unseen Virtue and Visible Rewards.” I am always encouraged by Sensei’s words, that if you struggle very hard for kosen-rufu in your youth, in the future you will enjoy life more than anyone.

When setting our goals we need to keep practicing hard and to make causes toward it. We should never give up trying to have our prayers answered.


Henry Leong Him Woh


Bring up my highest potential:
http://nichirendaishoninbuddhism.blogspot.sg

My compilation of most amazing testimonials of the world and some editing from the ladies:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0vC86lOwI0zbWVXb0lGVVNMZUk/view
 


                                                  My amazing Chingay Props  projects:
                                                     http://henryleongblog.blogspot.sg

Chingay props inventions and designing, the props were displayed in the cultural centre for months to showcase our innovations

The amazing interview by One FM of my incredible experiences:
http://henryleongblog.blogspot.sg/2015/11/my-amazing-interview-of-my-story

My innovations:






9 comments:

Henry Leong said...

http://abuddhistpodcast.com/2006/08/05/a-buddhist-podcast-making-a-great-vow/

Henry Leong said...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/frankie-tham/my-incredible-experiences/676338175713991

Anonymous said...

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
[url=http://acheterdufrance.com/]More info![/url]

Anonymous said...

If some one wishes expert view on the topic of blogging and
site-building then i advise him/her to pay a
visit this webpage, Keep up the nice job.

Henry Leong said...

http://nichirendaishoninbuddhism.blogspot.sg/
http://gakkai-experiences.blogspot.sg/
http://gosho-passages.blogspot.sg/

Anonymous said...

Thankks a lot for sharing this with all people you really know what you're speakinjg about!
Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my websitte =).
We may have a hyperlink alternate arrangement among us!

Anonymous said...

Just want to say your article is as astounding. The clearness to your
post is simply great and that i can assume you're aan expert on this subject.
Fine along with your permission let me to grasp
you RSS feed too stay uup to datte with imminent post.

Thak yyou 1,000,000 and please continue the gratifying work.

Anonymous said...

Heya are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new
to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own. Do you require any coding expertise
to makie your own blog? Anyy help woul be really appreciated!

Henry Leong said...

Don't need coding experiences